Intuition & Passion
Health & Wellness Spotlight: Intuition, Passion & Giving Your Fear the Middle Finger. A repost from Fargo Monthly Magazine.
It was a sunny, 65-degree morning in San Diego, California. I was sitting in my office looking out at the palm trees lining the main strip. Skateboarders coasted by and if you listened closely, you could hear the ocean waves roll in–my office was a stone’s throw away from the beautiful pacific coast. I was working for a beach lifestyle company that was growing and thriving. The information I was learning about running a business and what it took was invaluable.
While it was a fabulous job, providing indispensable experience and a fantastic work environment, I found myself feeling void, uninspired and bored with my tasks. I began questioning what I was doing with my life, my true passion and how long I could continue to work with a computer as my main business associate. I felt as though I was building someone else’s dream and not pursuing my own.
As I spent time getting clear on my passion, I knew exactly where I wanted to take my life and career. I found myself working with friends on many occasions, coaching them towards clarity, how to cultivate a life they loved and other health and wellness guidance. I loved every second of it and wondered if I could make a career out of it.
I began doing some research and creating systems I could use with clients. While I spent time contemplating and questioning the right thing to do, I knew it was time to leave the comforts of my job and paycheck, move back home to my roots and cultivate this health and lifestyle coaching business I dreamt of.
It was scary. I didn’t know what people would say, or if people would need my services and if I had the talent to truly make it come to life. There were expectations, as there always are, and I feared that I wouldn’t live up to them.
It hasn’t been all unicorns and rainbows but as I continue to step into my passion and share it with the world, I find it becomes even more rewarding. While it is a lot of hard work and hustle at the end of the day, I feel like I’m making a difference in this world. I have an overwhelming sense of fulfillment and joy. I can’t wait to wake up and start it all over again, day after day.
I truly believe that if you do follow your passion, your life will be more fulfilling, successful and joyful. Stepping out of your comfort zone is a terrifying thing, but only for a moment. In the grand scheme of things, wouldn’t you rather spend your life doing something you love and cultivating what you truly believe in? Something greater than yourself? Don’t settle for the mundane, follow what your heart is telling you. After all, our intuition is greater than we think.
Steps to cultivating your passion and following your dreams:
- Get quiet and feel into your desires, dreams and passions.
- In a journal, write your ideal “day in the life of…” Write what a perfect day looks like for you–who is there, what are you doing, where are you, how much are you making, etc. Go crazy and don’t hold back.
- After identifying your passion, start to plan out how to bring it into fruition. Write it out, talk to your friends and family and create systems to use. Get clear on each step, even the tiniest ones, and break them down so you can tackle each one individually.
- Don’t quit your supporting job just yet. Start to put these plans and tasks into action. Whether it be gathering a following, attracting clients or getting a prototype of a product, whatever it is, make it a reality.
- Continue to nurture and spend time working on this dream. You’ll know at what point you’ll be able to fully dive into the unknown with confidence that you will land on your feet.
- Have fun, keep going in the direction of your dreams, work hard and stand up for your beliefs.
To read the full article, visit https://www.fargomonthly.com/lifestyle/health-wellness-intuition-passion/