Snacks without the Sugar Spike!
One question I often get from clients is “what are some good snacks to have?” Healthy snack criteria for me includes sugar free, quick, easy, and unprocessed. But, eating a handful of almonds every time you want a snack isn’t the best option either.
I like to tell my clients to shoot for three nutritious, high-quality meals that fill you up and ideally, keep you full until your next eating time. However, that isn’t always the case. Sometimes, you just need a snack. So, here’s a list of some great snacks without the sugar!
- Half an avocado stuffed with tuna, celery, and onion. Add Franks hot sauce too!
- ANY roasted vegetables - broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, Brussels sprouts, beets. Try seasoning with sea salt, garlic, pepper, curry powder or another herb blend.
- Cucumber slices topped off with some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), sea salt, lemon, and cayenne.
- Zucchini with homemade pico de gallo.
- Trail Mix! Use a combo of organic raw nuts and seeds (almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, etc.). Add a sprinkling of no-sugar added dried fruit (cherries, goji berries and apples are great choices). Finish with a dash of seasoning (sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, curry powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper).
- Kale chips made with coconut oil, sea salt and garlic.
- Celery or carrots with a no sugar added nut butter.
- Some sweet potato with mashed avocado and sea salt.
- A hard boiled egg with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- A few olives.
- Sardine or smoked fish.
- Any “Paleo” energy ball you can find on Google or Pinterest! *Just a note, these naturally tend to be very high in fat. Careful with eating too many. 1-2 should do the trick to keep you satiated and give you a boost of energy. A great way to practice mindful eating!
Looking for some support for your health and weight loss journey? I’ll be launching a program February 18th where we’ll be talking about things like how to eat healthy, curb cravings, and start to look your best. Stay tuned for more details!
Want VIP ACCESS? Join my email list to get the early bird specials! Sign up below!